Wow, I can't believe we are about to wrap up another year! This has been quite a year for me when it comes to fashion.  When I look back at all the looks I mean 83 blog posts it gets hard to narrow it down . I still can't believe that I have taken that many photos in one year. I really have noticed myself getting more daring when it comes to me trying new things.  I also have really found a love for thrifting.  Fashion for me is the way that I express myself and it allows me to explore every side of my personality. 


   



    There is no secret that I have a great love for dresses and these are just some of my favorites!

Mint Ruffle Dress - this amazing dress was love at first size for me. It was unlike any dress I have ever owned. I added my colorful beaded clutch from JCPenney and my tan pumps to complete this look.
Hunter Green Floral -  this off the shoulder floral Eva Mendez is such a gorgeous and classy dress and it was the dress that helped me win the Eva Spring Contest where I won a trip to LA to meet Eva herself. I added mustard sandals to make this look pop. 
Seersucker off the Shoulder - this classic seersucker dress with a little-added sexiness with the off the shoulder style gives me all types of Hampton vibes. It's the perfect dress for the summer. 



                                                          Feminine Flair 





I always say every season that I need a few " Wow " pieces and this amazing dress and the black and white flared skirt is just everything.

Floral Dress-  I instantly fell in love with this dress the moment I saw it online but let me tell you the photos did not do it justice. I loved it so much I stalked it until it went on sale. 
Pop of Pink -  I knew when I saw Gabriel Union wearing this gorgeous skirt I knew I had to have it. I thought a pop of pink would take it to another level and I was right! I will most certainly be wearing this in 2018.




  2017 was the year of fabulous skirts for me. I just love a skirt because they can be styled so many different ways. I can make them dressy or weekend casual. 

High-Low Ruffle - This feminine ruffle skirt is flirty and fun and another skirt from my favorite boutique  Eccentric Kristoure.  I added a classic lace blouse to this look so I could balance it out and I love the combo. 
Black White and Stripes- Nothing like classic black and white and this time adding red for a pop of color.  I love the flirty skirt underneath another fab piece from New York and Company.
Maxi Skirt & Military Jacket- Another amazing skirt from +Eccentric kristoure. I have styled this skirt various ways and this look is my favorite. I simply love this gold and olive military jacket I think it makes this look much more interesting. 



Cold Shoulder Dress-  this look is perfect for that date night. I love the lace pattern with pops of red love adding the lace up pumps with this.
Red Lace Dress- so in love with this lace style dress adding animal print shoes with this because after all, everything is better when you add leopard.
Polka Dot Maxi - I love classic polka dots add in the off the shoulder element and I love them even more. I decided to add my polka dot choker and tassel earrings. 



I have a love for layering especially when you find amazing things to top it off with! For me, 2017 has been the year for the Kimono.

Native American Inspired-  This look was from my collaboration with the Fab 40s and the theme was Disney Princesses and of course, I selected Pochantas. I actually found the dress that I layered at Charlotte Russe on clearance for $ 5. Let me tell you it was worth it.
India Inspiration- I found this amazing jacket at the Goodwill it was $3 am obsessed with this in case you didn't know. 
Colorful Kimono-  this kimono reminds me of a robe that I saw Beyonce wear courtside at a game. When I say a similar option at SheIn I knew that I needed to have it.



I have become quite the fan of jumpsuits. I just feel like it's one and done. You can get a complete look with little effort and the way that my life is set up right now it's perfect for me. 

Multi- Color Jumpsuit-  I absolutely love the color combo of this  jumpsuit and this is another amazing item that is from boutique +Eccentric kristoure .\
Pink Jumpsuit with Cape Blazer -  I love this halter style jumpsuit but when I wore it in early spring it was quite cool out so I was happy to add my cream cape blazer from the Who What Wear collection
Black Culotte Jumpsuit-   I love the comfort and style of this jumpsuit. All black everything comfy and classy. Will definitely be taking this into 2018 


What I love about my fashion for 2017  was that I open to trying new things and as you can see I just love layering.  I dabble in the athleisure and velour really was my jam this year. It' been a lot of fun.

Athletic Pants with Vest - I can't even tell you how many times I have worn this yellow vest. I mean I really got my money's worth on this Forever 21 vest. This time I styled it with this track pants from the Who What Wear collection and this was one of my favorite trends surprisedly. 
Velour Jumpsuit with Kimono- Velour is where it is at for me I just can't get enough and when you find a mustard yellow jumpsuit the answer is yes. I layered this with this gorgeous kimono also trimmed in you guessed it " Velour" 
Poncho Vest -  I love items that make an ordinary outfit looks amazing and this poncho did that for me. I am on the go a lot an sometimes you just want something easy that still looks cute. I added my burgundy OTK to the mix and was very happy with the outcome. 






I just love when my favorite stores collaborate with celebrities who's style I love and all of these looks have a piece from those collections

Yellow Dress with Cobalt Trench- Let me tell you when I heard that Gabriel Union was collaborating with New York and Company  I was over the moon totally obsessed with her style and I love that I constantly see her rocking her line!  I love the bright and bold look or her collection and these amazing shoes from Just Fab finished off the look nicely.
Burgundy and Blush - I just love Eva Mendez's line classic style with a twist of modern. I was totally obsessed with the balloon sleeves on this sweater dress and decided to finish the look with a blush long vest and beaded clutch.
Geometric Dress with Cobalt Trench-  Tracee Ellis Ross a fashion icon all the way back to the day of Girlfriends so when I found out she was releasing a holiday line with JCPenney I was all in. This dress was the first piece that I purchased. I just love the bright and bold colors and love the way it works with my Gabby coat! I will be rocking this in spring months just wait 





I love to explore the glamorous side of my personality.  I feel like in my mind I can feel like a movie star once in a while. Glamour for me is sequins, fur, capes all those things that make you that Hollywood feel. 

Red Plaid -  This look gives me vintage old Hollywood vibes. The high waisted pencil skirt he fur stole makes me feel that I wearing high fashion. The skirt is Old Navy and I got it off the clearance rack a few years ago and still one of my favorites. I have developed quite an obsession with fur stoles this year and this one is amazing.
Burgundy with Leopard Cape- One of my favorite colors for the fall and winter months and I absolutely love this shade with animal print. This little cape from Forever 21 really makes a statement when you walk in the door. 
Sequin Skirt  -  Nothing says lights camera and action quite like sequins and this Eva Mendes skirt was a must have the moment that I laid eyes on it and I felt it was a perfect match to my gold bow blouse from Eccentric Kristoure.


I am going to finish off with two lucks that I absolutely love that I wore over the summer months. I summer looks that are sexy but are classy at the same time. I am wearing the same tan body suit that looks so much like my skin color with both looks.

Jumpsuit - This tulip bottom jumpsuit is just amazing its' cool cotton material is perfect for those hot days. I added my thrifted straw like a bag and my wedges and my summer lunch date look was born.
Yellow High Low-  This gorgeous yellow skirt make a statement and I love must have a few pieces in my wardrobe that says it all without me speaking and to think that his skirt was under $25 makes it even more lovely


So my fashionista's friends which look was your favorite? I am looking forward to 2018 and what it has to offer both in fashion and life. I want to thank you for your support it means so much to me. Wishing you a very holiday season!


                                                          
                                                        XOXO - Mary aka Curlybyrdie