Fall is in full swing and I am so here for it. I just love finding new ways to layer my looks and come up with creative ways to wear the fall trends.  That's the amazing thing about fashion there are absolutely no rules your style is all your own. It's great to get inspiration from women's who style you admire but it's always fun giving it your own personal flavor. 

At first, I wasn't sure about the whole dress with pants look but it has really grown to be one of my favorite trends. 







 I was immediately drawn to this vibrant green color top/ dress when I spotted it at my local New York and Company and then the added plus was it had stripes and I love me some stripes. It also came in black and white but the green had me at hello!




I added a pair of my ponte high waist leggings to the mix so it created this comfortable and chic vibe.
This is actually the second time that I found a long top that I fell instantly in love with also from New York and Company. You can check the other lookout (here)


I really enjoyed accessorizing this look with different patterns and styles. I chose a gold statement necklace with black stones and pearls that a great $4 find at New York and Company. I always find such amazing jewelry pieces at great prices. 




Adding the animal print shoes and bag to the mix mad really took it to the next level for me. When I was growing up that was an absolute no-no just like wearing white after Labor Day. I love it no rules and who made up those rules up anyway? Pattern mixing is my jam get this girl so excited and I love me some white after Labor Day .. Just sayin! 


Now let's take about the deals. I got this Express clutch at my local Gordman's store.  I love that I can find brand names for much less at this store so many hidden treasures. If you haven't been there you definitely need to check it out!


The shoes were also an under $5 deal from my local Goodwill. I have really turned into a thrift lover so many treasures found like these brand new pumps that had never been worn! 




October is my birthday month and for me it always a month of reflection and I look back at areas of my life and fashion is no different. I enjoy seeing on how my style has changed and evolved and with me turning 46 on the 22nd of the month I am wondering if I will approach my fashion choices any different. 




With me being on the other side of 40 soon will I become more conservative? I hope not lol. I still plan on wearing what makes me feel great and that is not going to change. The great thing about life we always have the option of changing our mind and recreating ourselves.

You can shop this look below with many options including plus size .


                                                             Photo Cred - Kimberly Bailey (here)

As always I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to stop by it means so much and remember it is never too late to evolve or create your own rules in fashion or any area of your life.

XOXO Mary aka Curlybyrdie