Well, here it is already the end of October and time for me to collaborate with my Fab 40 friends.  If this is your first time visiting than I will fill you in on what the Fab 40's is.  We are a group of bloggers from really around the world that come together once and month and come up a particular theme and create our own interpretation. 

This month the lovely Suzy who lives in Portugal chose the goth theme.  Now I have to admit that Goth was not really my thing although I did go through a period in high school that my entire wardrobe was black however  I think that was mainly because I didn't want to stand out in any way, shape or form. You know how teenage girls can be it just takes one negative comment to crush your spirit.  When seeing all the other looks I think maybe my style was more Grunge than Goth so maybe I missed the boat on this one but the amazing thing about fashion it's truly an expression of your own personality so I guess I'll own it.




So instead of an all-black theme, I decided in true Mary fashion adding some color a red plaid shirt (here)with a whole lot of drama. It was love at first sight and literally stalked it until it came into the store and it was just as fabulous as it was when I saw it online. 


 I added black jeans with an unfinished hem, a black bag, and boots to keep the look darker but a statement necklace to balance the look with some feminity. 



The great thing about this look is that everything except the top was under $20. The booties which are Nine West were $14.99 and my jeans that are Express only $6 at my local Gordman's. The bag a Target find only $15 and the necklace $4 from New York and Company. 


What I love most about these collaborations it that I get to see how my fashionista friends bring all these themes to life and I am always amazed at what they come up. I always get inspiration from them every month. 







                                  Now let's see how the #FAB40's are bringing the goth!






Suzy from Suzy Turner Pixie Chic in Portugal selected this theme and she really knocked it out of the park I mean complete with a motorbike and all! She is giving us all the sexy goth vibes with the lace top and the tight overalls. You look amazing my friend! 





Jennie from A Pocketful of Polka Dots is also giving us sexy goth vibes complete with fishnet stockings and a faux leather skirt. I love everything about this look background included so perfect with her outfit choice. Love it, Jennie !




Shelbee from Shelbee on the Edge is taking me back to high school with this look. Love the cutesy ponytails but then edges it up with the rest of her look. She makes me feel like I am going to a concert back in the 80's.  I love the way that you embraced this theme lady! 





Daenel from Living Outside the Stacks amazes me with beautiful photography skills what a beautiful photograph. It's mysterious I could easily see this in a magazine and she looks reminiscent of Wednesday Adams but with a modern flair.  So glad to have you are a part of the Fab 40's lovely lady.






Sheela from Sheela Writes the first word that came out of my mouth when I saw this photo is Wow! I mean Sheela always amazes me with her looks every month but this dramatic photo is stunning. I love that she also brought plaid into the mix. Sheela as always girl you are killing the game! 




Lizzie from What Lizzie Loves our guest blogger is giving us beautiful feminine vibes with this sheer dress fishnet hose and booties. This is a look that I am totally here for it is something that I could totally see myself wearing. Lizzie so glad to have you and you look gorgeous!



                                         You can shop my look below or similar options 




Thank you so much for stopping by it means so much to me! It's been another amazing time with the Fab 40s and I can't wait to see what November brings us! 

XOXO Mary aka Curlybyrdie