It feels nice to be comfortable most of the time but there is that part of you that wants to be challenged weather it be in fitness, work or life in general. You know sometimes that perfect comfy flat is good but than there is part of you that wants to reach for those fabulous pair of red pumps that speak before you are even spoke to. 

 I know typically I am a dress kind of girl feminine midi length is my preference.  So when one of my favorite boutiques +Eccentric kristoure  sent me the Black shorts maxi I am not going to lie I was a little intimidated by this look it was totally out of my comfort zone. .  I usually don't wear shorts the truth is I haven't in years aside of a bermuda  all because I just don't like the way my legs look. Now I am working out trying embrace my legs along the way but sometimes it's hard to embrace those things that you feel the most insecure about.   

You know when you get a certain age like I will be 44 next month and I know people say that you are only as old as you feel but even with that thought process I still find myself saying " OK I am in my mid 40's should I even try that?"   So I went totally went out of my comfort zone and went for it.  I was pleasantly surprised with the confidence that was exuded in the photos .  It is easy to get intimidated by social media by images that are portrayed even at this age but you have to remind yourself that much of what you see is not reality and also that those legs that you hate so much there are people who have lost legs would be grateful to have them and than it puts a lot in perspective. 

In my 40's I can certainly say I am much less concerned about others opinions of me but really it's being to hard on myself that is the real problem... but I am working on it. 


               "I found I was more confident when I stopped trying to be someone else’s definition of beautiful and started being my own. "
— Remington Miller 








Dress - (here), Shoes -(sim) Choker-(sim)- Bracelet -(sim)

How about you ladies is it hard for you to try new things and get out of comfort zone?  Are  you  your worst critic? 

Thank you for stopping  by I am always so grateful you took time out of your day !


XOXO - Mary aka Curlybyrdie